Ask a Business Lawyer Before Starting a Business
Start Date: January 24, 2019
End Date: January 24, 2019
Times: 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Location: Morgan State University; Earl G. Graves School of Business; 4100 Hillen Road, Room 308; Baltimore, MD 21218
Contact Information: 410-706-5463
You are a small business owner, not a legal expert. Still, you will need to navigate corporate compliance issues, intellectual property laws, taxes, regulations,
corporate liability, and countless other legal issues as you start and grow your business. With so much to learn, how do you know where to begin?
This small business legal workshop is design for startups as well as those already in business. When your business changes and grows, you need to be
prepared to respond to those changes. If you are someone, concern about some of the legal issues in starting a business or issues that may arise
in an existing and growing business. This workshop is for you to attend and asked a business lawyer.
- The choosing of the type of legal business entity
- Protecting your identity
- Understanding business contracts and leases
- 1099 versus W2 employees, what is the difference.
- Employment practices and pitfalls – and how to avoid employment problems
- and many more legal issues that small businesses encounter every day
There will be time for questions covering individual concerns of those in the class.