Start Date: February 19, 2019
End Date: February 19, 2019
Times: 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM
County/Sponsor: Western Region SBDC
Location: 4539 Metropolitan Court, FITCI, Frederick, MD 21703
Cost: Free of Charge-Registration Required
Contact Information: Diane McFarland
Join this seminar to learn:
- how trademarks, copyrights, patents, domain names, and business name registrations all differ.
- why any new business should select a trademark that will be both federally registrable and legally protectable, highlighting factors critical when choosing a mark.
- the importance of doing a complete search and whether to use an attorney.
- what to do if another trademark owner sends a "cease-and-desist" letter.
- how to apply to seek federal registration and the role of the USPTO.
- how to avoid "scams" perpetrated by companies that request fees for services not required by the USPTO.
- what happens after registration.
Presenter, Craig Morris, Office of the Commissioner for Trademarks in the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), Alexandria, Virginia. Currently, he is the Managing Attorney for Trademark Educational Outreach.Register